So perhaps a certain bunny came and visited your house last night. And perhaps said bunny left a basket full of marshmallow-y, sugar-coated treats. What does one do with all of those Peeps once Easter is over and the kiddos have burned through their excited, sugar rush? Well, you reward yourself with a Peep themed adult beverage of course! And when I received a humongous box of Peeps in the mail, that is exactly what I set out to do.
After much experimenting and sampling (hey – it’s a tough job but someone has got to do it), I finally came up with what I think is the most Peeptastic beverage since the Peep-tini. I give you….the Peepslide!
Since Spring was starting to warm the air just a tad, I went with a frozen Peepslide to start with. It is simple to make and ooooh so good to drink.
- 1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 scoop Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 tbsp Marshmallow Fluff
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Mousse Peep Bunnies or Chicks
- Put the Bailey’s, Kahlua, Vodka, ice cream and fluff into a blender and blend until smooth. (If too thick, add milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Swirl chocolate syrup around the inside of your glass, spinning as you go.
- Pour mixture from blender into glass and garnish with a Peep.
I received a large box of Peeps to facilitate my recipe creation. Peeps are now available in a variety of new flavors and varieties including orange, blue, purple, chocolate dipped and even a chocolate egg with a marshmallow Peep inside! Check out a bunch of cool recipes that include Peeps on their website.