There was a local restaurant that had the best fish tacos I had eaten since moving out here to Wisconsin. Anytime I wanted really good fish tacos, that was our go-to place. It closed a while back and I was so sad and missed my tropical-tasting fish tacos. After hitting a bunch of other restaurants and eating tons of not-as-good fish tacos, I finally decided I’d better figure out how to make my favorites myself! Here’s what I came up with.
Tropical Fish Taco Recipe
- tortillas flour or corn - whichever you prefer
- 1 package of Gorton's Fish Sticks or Crunchy Breaded Tenders
- 3 limes
- 1 package of broccoli slaw
- 1 large ripe mango or jar of mango slices
- I small red onion
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the fish stick per package instructions.
- Chop the mango into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Dice the red onion.
- Juice the limes.
- Add the lime juice to the slaw and mango and onion pieces in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour.
- Once the fish sticks are heated through, place them on a tortilla.
- Top the fish with the slaw/mango mix.
- We occasionally add extras like avocado or a little spicy pepper to the mix if we have it around the house.