This post may contain affiliate links.
We all know fall is the time of the year for pumpkin spice everything. While I am a HUGE pumpkin spice fan, many times I hesitate to indulge in the many pumpkin-y treats around because they aren’t so good for me. If a pumpkin spice treat gets its flavor from some chemical concoction rather than from, I don’t know – PUMPKIN, I’d rather pass. I’ll just make my own Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie with real ingredients!
The key to a great protein smoothie is finding a protein powder that works for you. I’m kind of picky about protein powders myself – I prefer not to use soy and have been cutting back on dairy so I’m also avoiding whey. With just that criteria, I’ve now eliminated quite a few of the protein powders out there. Add in that I prefer organic and you’d think there was no protein powder that fits my criteria, right? Wrong!
Orgain Protein Powder is a perfect fit.
What makes Orgain Protein Powder so great? Mainly, it is organic. This is at the heart of what Orgain is. Orgain was created by Dr. Andrew Abraham, whose own experience seeking high-quality nutrition during his cancer treatment years ago inspired him to develop delicious nutrition products with the highest quality organic ingredients.
Also, Orgain is made of plant-based proteins that aren’t soy. Orgain Protein Powder is made from organic plant-based protein including brown rice, hemp, chia, and pea proteins. And it actually tastes good and has a creamy feel, unlike some other pea protein powders I tried.
Here is my favorite fall smoothie recipe – the Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie. Enjoy!!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie
- 2 scoops Orgain Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 3/4 C organic canned pumpkin
- 1 C milk or milk substitute almond milk, coconut milk, etc
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 C ice cubes
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend on smoothie setting or until smooth.
- Test and adjust to preferred taste and texture.
- * I prefer my smoothies less sweet so the amount of stevia in the protein powder is perfect for me, but you can add some additional stevia if you like things sweeter.