Happy National Coffee Day!! If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram you know all about my love of coffee. Until recently, swinging through the Starbucks’ drive thru was pretty much a daily occurrence. I still love my pumpkin spice latte but I haven’t been so thrilled with the milk part of it.
I’ve been playing around with eliminating different foods from my diet and seeing how I feel and right now lactose is on the no-no list. Sadly, I’ve been skipping my beloved PSL and expereincing some coffee envy. Yep – I truly believe that coffee envy is a thing. It’s the feeling I get when I sadly order a green tea while smelling that amazing aroma of coffee wafting through the air.
Luckily, my friends over at Lactaid have been working hard and came up with their own lactose-free version of the pumpkin spice latte and shared their recipe with me. (And they are even letting me share it with YOU!!)
Birch Coffee Pumpkin Spice Latte
- For the Birch Coffee Pumpkin Spiced Latte:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin spice simple syrup
- 1/3 cup brewed espresso like Birch Coffee Emma’s Espresso
- 1 cup of LACTAID Milk (whole or skim
- For the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
- YIELDS: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground all-spice
- To make the Pumpkin Spiced Simple Syrup:
- Bring about 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- Pour boiling water over spices and sugar in a quart container.
- Whisk lightly until contents dissolve into water.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate.
- To make the Birch Coffee Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- Add Pumpkin spice simple syrup to mug.
- Brew espresso (like Birch Coffee Emma’s Espresso), using either Chemex, standard drip method or home espresso machine.
- Pour espresso shot over simple syrup in mug.
- Bring 1 cup of LACTAID( Milk to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour warmed LACTAID( Milk into mug and stir.
The only variation I make is that I purchased a milk frother/steamer that I use to warm and froth the Lactaid.
Coffee lovers and dairy sensitive sufferers should visit LACTAID® on and for the chance to win a LACTAID® National Coffee Day prize-pack, complete with LACTAID® Milk, an exclusive Birch Coffee roast and other premium coffee gear. You can also check out to download coupons with up to $4 in savings!
LACTAID® Milk gives consumers the ability to indulge in treats (like smoothies, lattes, and shakes) that might otherwise be on the no-no list without worrying about Dairy Envy because its products are made from 100% real milk just without the lactose, making it easier to digest. Since LACTAID® is 100% real dairy just without the lactose, those with dairy sensitivity are able to enjoy the great taste and nutritional benefits of real dairy without any unwanted discomfort.
I have received information and materials from McNeil Nutritionals, LLC the makers of LACTAID®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.