I love all things cranberry.
It doesn’t matter if it is cranberry juice, cranberry sauce or a yummy crisp for dessert, if it has cranberries in it I love it! I always try to find ways to include a little bit of cranberry in just about every meal I can while fresh cranberries are in season. (And I usually throw a bunch in the freezer so I can use them even when fresh aren’t readily available.) I love cranberry relish in the winter and adding the extra twist of orange to it only makes it better!
But I am also trying to keep an eye on how much refined sugar I am consuming and trimming it out of my diet wherever I can.
When Splenda and The Motherhood offered to send me some Splenda goodies to help me de-sugar one of my favorite recipes and swap the sugar out for Splenda, I couldn’t say yes fast enough! (Getting paid to redo a favorite recipe to make it healthier? One of the best parts of my job!)
The other thing I absolutely love about this recipe is how easy it is to make.
As much as I love some foods, if they are complicated and time consuming to make, I less likely to do it. This is easy enough to make even on a busy workday! So, with no further ado, here is my favorite recipe for low-sugar cranberry orange relish:
Low Sugar Cranberry Orange Relish Recipe
- One unpeeled orange cut into sections and seeded.
- 12 oz of fresh cranberries washed and rinsed well.
- 1 C of Splenda Granulated sugar substitute
- Place about a third of the cranberries and orange slices into a food processor.
- Pulse processor until mixture is evenly chopped.
- Repeat with remaining cranberries and oranges until all are evenly chopped.
- Stir in Splenda until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
What are your favorite recipes that swap out the sugar? Share by submitting through the Splenda 365 Sweet Swaps Tumblr site via the following submission page: www.365SweetSwaps.com/submit. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!