Streamline your dinner with this delicious Instant Pot Black Bean and Quinoa Salad!
I’m thrilled to be bringing this recipe to you thanks to our paid partnership with S&W Beans and Influence Central.
We are like many other families in that our weekday evenings can be crazy busy. Between sports practices, band practices, scout meetings and activities and just the general craziness that life throws at us on a daily basis, getting a homemade dinner on the table can be a challenge most nights. I finally jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon (reluctantly because I really didn’t want yet another appliance on my countertop) but I’m so glad I did.
I’m kind of bad about remembering to take my preprepared dinners out of the freezer to defrost the night before I need them. I love that the Instant Pot gets me off the hook when that happens! And for everyone who is protective of their counter space (like me), let me assure you that this appliance earns its keep. And when I can easily whip up delicious dishes like this one? Golden!
I know that Quinoa has been around for a while and I’ve been serving it as a side dish with diced peppers or other finely chopped vegetables mixed in, but I was slipping into a rut. The black beans in this dish give it some substance (I’ve eaten it all by itself for lunch and it keeps me full until dinner) and added flavor.
Instant Pot Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
- 2 medium onions diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cans black beans rinsed
- 16 ounces frozen corn thawed
- Chopped avocado and quartered grape tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime abut 1/4 cup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Add olive oil and onion.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock and quinoa.
- Set Instant Pot to Rice, low pressure, 6 minutes.
- While cooking, combine black beans and corn.
- Add cooked quinoa to the black beans and corn.
- Add dressing ingredients to a medium bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over quinoa mixture.
- 10. Mix until just combined.
- 11. Serve with avocado and quartered grape tomatoes.
Since you know that I feel that quality ingredients make any recipe better, I was excited to include S&W Black Beans in this recipe. S&W Beans have the highest standards in the industry, and they have had a loooong time to perfect these standards since they have been around for over 120 years. Select from traditional, low sodium or organic – whichever fits your family the best!
Learn more about S&W Beans:
- S&W Beans Website
- S&W Bean Store Locator
- S&W Beans Facebook Page
- S&W Beans Twitter
- S&W Beans Instagram
- S&W Beans Pinterest