It seems like there is already a bunch of sickness and junk getting passed around. Seems like just yesterday it was 80-something degrees and now the temperatures have plummeted and people are getting sick left and right. When I feel like I am coming down with a cold, I love sipping on a hot toddy. Even if it’s just cold outside, a hot toddy hits the spot. And despite what some people might have you believe, they are actually pretty easy to make, especially with this basic hot toddy recipe.
(While I do love indulging in a hot toddy when I’m feeling slightly under the weather, I’m NOT a doctor and am not recommending you consume anything to try and treat anything. As always, go see a doctor – the kind with MD after their name. Don’t get your medical advice from blogs on the internet!!)
Hot Toddy Recipe
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 ounces of whiskey
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- lemon slices and cinnamon sticks optional
- Pour hot water in a large mug.
- Add in whiskey, honey and lemon juice. Stir.
- Add in lemon slice and cinnamon sticks.
- Slowly drink, enjoy and feel better!