I am quick to admit that Winter is NOT my favorite season. (I’m probably living in the wrong state then, right???) But that doesn’t stop me from finding a few things I love about Winter to help me survive all of the snow, ice and cold temperatures. Hot chocolate is definitely one of the things I do love about Winter and these adorable hot chocolate cupcakes are another fun way to celebrate the fudgy goodness that is hot chocolate!
One of the things that I love about this Hot Chocolate Cupcakes recipe is how easy it is! Winter in Wisconsin can sometimes mean that it’s too cold for the kids to even go outside to play. After a few days of being cooped up inside with restless children, you can find yourself searching for ANYTHING to do. These cupcakes are simple enough that kids can really do them all by themselves once the baking part is done.
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- Start by preparing your cake mix as directed on the box.
- Line your cupcake tin with liners, and fill each one HALF way.
- Bake according to box instructions.
- Let cool completely.
- If you are using a pipping tool with your icing, start in the center and work your way out and up. Do not make it too high.
- Place mini marshmallows on top of your icing.
- Take your decorative straws and cut into 1/3's.
- Push your straw down into the cupcake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin it for later!!