Last week, we had the pleasure of attending an event at Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumburg, IL. LJ, the biggest Lego fan known to man, was over the moon as soon as he walked in and was greeted by the “lego guy”, the head of Albert Einstein, and a farting Lego statue.
As we toured the Center, we were just blown away by all of the Lego creations! Well, you know what they say, pictures are worth a thousand words, so here you go!
Legoland Discovery Center is located in the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL and may look small from the outside, but is HUGE once you get inside! Not only is it a great place to spend a day, but they also have special events such as birthday parties, “Brick-or-Treat”(scroll to the bottom of this post for more information on this event) and Star Wars days – LJ is already counting the days until the next Star Wars days!
WHAT: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Chicago invites you to get in the Halloween spirit at our month-long Brick-or-Treat event! During the last four weekends in October, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago will celebrate Halloween with special Brick-or-Treat activities and decorations. Halloween costumes, Frankensteins and LEGO® jack-o-lanterns will fill the Center all month! Special activities include:
• Halloween-themed Model Builder Workshops, where visitors will create mini Frankensteins designed by Master Model Builder Daniel Morey
• A look-a-like costume contest rewarding costumes that most resemble the models in the LEGOLAND Discovery Center. Winners will receive four annual passes
• A free LEGO keychain each Saturday and Sunday for the first 50 kids that enter the Center wearing costumes (while supplies last)
• The chance to assist the Master Model Builder in constructing a life-size scarecrow out of LEGO bricks.
• A scavenger hunt to find hidden minifigures amongst the skeletons inside MINILAND™
• Photo opportunities with the spooky Halloween-themed decorations and LEGO models around the center
• Fall treats in LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s Café
• Special discounts on merchandise (while supplies last)
WHEN: October 9th and 10th, 16th and 17th, 23rd and 24th, 30th and 31st.
Doors open at 10 a.m.
WHERE: LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago
Streets of Woodfield
601 N. Martingale Rd.
TICKETS: Admission price is $19 for adults and $15 for children*
*Please note: special discounts may be available online
ABOUT: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Chicago is a family entertainment destination with over 2 million LEGO® bricks and nine attractions including: Model Builder Workshop; Jungle Expedition; Dragon Ride; Technicycle; LEGO 4D Cinema; Build and Test; LEGO Factory Tour; and MINILAND® featuring iconic Chicago landmarks.
Located at the Streets of Woodfield, 601 N. Martingale Rd. in Schaumburg, LEGOLAND Discovery Center is 30 minutes from downtown Chicago by car. Adult Admission is $19. Child Admission is $15. Special annual pass and ticket offers are available at www.LEGOLANDdiscoverycenter.com. Hours are Monday-Friday from noon-7 p.m. and 10 a.m.-7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Open extended hours on holidays. Last guest admission is two hours before closing. LEGOLAND Discovery Center is a part of the Merlin Entertainments Group.
Disclosure: Legoland Discovery Center invited us to this event, fed us, amazed us with their Lego creations, thrilled us with their 4D movie and amusement rides, and sent us off with bags of goodies. Our opinions were still our own and we would have loved it just as much had we paid admission.