You know how some foods just signify winter? For me, anything peppermint falls into that category. Just like fall is all about pumpkin spice, winter is all about peppermint. Well, and chocolate. And if I can combine the two?? That’s just perfect! And this delicious (and super easy to make) fudge recipe does just that.
Sponsored by Lunchbox…
Now, I will admit that making fudge has always intimidated me a bit. If you read some of the recipes out there, you’d think you needed a degree in advanced Chemistry to make a decent batch of plain chocolate fudge. According to them, you can’t do it if it’s too cold out of if Venus is rising…okay, I’m exaggerating a bit, but you get the idea.
Seriously, how hard is it to make fudge?
I’m a busy mom. I don’t have the time (or honestly the patience) to do some elaborate ritual to make a good tasting, yummy batch of fudge. Luckily, the folks at Kraft have got my back! You know how every year they have this awesome hub with a bunch of delicious and easy to make recipes? Well, this year they included two easy and delicious fudge recipes as well.
Since Josh has a nut allergy and I’m crazy about everything peppermint, I opted for the Mint Chocolate fudge recipe.
Plus it is just so pretty!! Okay, I might have hesitated for a minute when I saw that it was using pudding mix in the recipe but then I thought to myself – hey, this is Kraft. When have they ever steered you wrong? That’s right, never.
So I set out one snowy afternoon to make a batch and it was just as easy as they promised. And just as delicious.
Yep, I’m sold!! Never again will I be intimidated by fudge. I’m keeping this recipe in my recipe box and I might even play with it a little to make it fit some other seasons so I can whip it up whenever I want – like for Valentine’s Day. Or Easter. Or Thursday…
I’m sharing the recipe for this amazing fudge down below, but be sure to check out some of the other recipes on the Kraft hub. I made this amazing bacon and egg strata as well and the family went crazy over it and are already asking me to make it again!!
Super easy and delicious mint chocolate fudge recipe!
Easy Mint Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 2 pkg. 4 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 pkg. 3.9 oz. JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/3 cup finely crushed strarlight mints
- LINE 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Microwave 4 oz. chocolate, 6 Tbsp. butter and water in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted;
- stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add peppermint extrant and dry pudding mix; stir 2 min.
- ADD sugar, 1 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan; press into even layer with back of spatula.
- MICROWAVE remaining butter and chocolate in large microwaveable bowl 1-1/2 min. or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Pour over fudge layer in pan; spread to completely cover bottom layer. Top with remaining ingredients.
- REFRIGERATE 2 hours or until firm. Use foil handles to remove fudge from pan before cutting to serve.