“I Chews You” DIY Gumball Craft for Valentine’s Day
Nothing says love more than a homemade valentine. This quick and easy (but oh-so-cute) DIY craft for Valentine’s Day is perfect for gifting to classmates in a nut-free classroom or even just sharing with that special someone.
These mini gumball “machines” are cute enough to serve as Valentine’s decor in your home or classroom. Yet, they are easy and inexpensive enough to make that you can absolutely use them as class Valentine’s as well. You will be the hit of the classroom Valentine’s Day party with these fun treats.
If your school has a rule about handing out gum, or if your child has braces and gum isn’t a great choice for them, you can really fill them with anything: red and white M&M’s, Skittles, or any other candy that is a personal favorite.
● Clear plastic ornaments
● Plastic drink bottle caps
● Mini red plastic Solo cups
● Mini gumballs
● Black paint
● Glue gun
● “I Chews You” Valentine printable
1. Begin by painting the outside of plastic bottle caps with black paint. We prefer chalk
paint since it dries quickly, but you can use anything you have on hand.
2. Remove the metal hanger top from the plastic ornament.
3. Fill the plastic ornament with mini gumballs.
4. Use a hot glue gun to attach the bottom of the filled ornament to a mini red Solo cup
that has been turned upside down.
5. Attach the black painted bottle cap to the top of the filled ornament with hot glue.
6. Cut out the “I chews you” printed Valentines. (Click the image to download a printable of the Valentine.)
7. Punch a hole in each Valentine and tie it around the lid of the mini gumball machine
with the ribbon of your choosing.
Have fun making this fun DIY craft for Valentine’s Day and spread the joy with all those you hold close to your heart!!
Leave a Reply