Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. Hey, any holiday that is centered around chocolate is a good one in my book! Plus I just love the pink and reds everywhere when the winter is starting to look bleak and grey outside. If you are looking for a colorful and delicious recipe to make with your kids – or even just for yourself – this OREO Candy Bark recipe is perfect! (Plus it incorporates Oreos, which are one of my favorite cookies!!)
One of the things I particularly love about this candy bark recipe is that it is nut-free!
Trying to find snacks that are safe to send in for school parties can be tough since most classrooms are nut-free. As the mom to a kid with a nut allergy, I appreciate the efforts schools take to make sure our students stay safe. I love finding fun and festive treats that are still safe to send into a nut-free class and this is one of them!
And another quick hint – I cannot recommend Silpat mats enough! I just recently discovered them and have quickly become a huge fan. They make all the difference in having your treats come out perfectly and not dealing with a mess that gets stuck to the pan or wax paper. Plus, you can wash and reuse them over and over so they wind up saving you money in the end.
I also love using my Wilton candy melter when it comes to any projects that require melting chocolate or candy melts. It’s too easy for me to get distracted while I’m melting chocolate on the stove and I’ve “cooked” waaaaay too many pan of chocolate because my phone rang or I went down the Facebook rabbit hole. This device is pretty hard to mess up with and mine gets a LOT of use!
OREO Candy Bark Recipe
- 12 OREO cookies
- 24 oz almond bark cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup Wilton red candy melts
- 1/3 cup Wilton bright pink candy melts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1/4 cup Valentine's Day M&M candies
- Twist the OREO cookies in half and arrange in a rectangle 6 cookies long by 4 cookies wide on a Silpat or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt almond bark for one minute, stir. Melt for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until fully melted.
- In one small bowl add the red candy melts and half the oil. In another small bowl add the pink candy melts and the remaining oil.
- Microwave both bowls of candy melts for 30 seconds, stir both with different spoons and continue to heat and stir every 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Starting in the center, slowly pour the melted almond bark over the cookies, covering all of them completely, careful not to pour the candy off the edge of the Silpat or wax paper.
- Use a spoon to randomly drizzle the red and pink melted candy over the white candy.
- Drop the M&M candies randomly over the melted candy.
- Cool in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Use a knife to cut the candy into random shapes and triangles.