This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Now that the weather is getting a little cooler, I find myself grilling less and using my slow cooker more. One of my favorite cool weather meals is beef stroganoff. Since Jay and I both have been trying to watch what we are eating and “lighten up” some of our favorite meals, I figured a lighter version of my favorite crock pot beef stroganoff was in order.
Crock pot beef stroganoff is one of my favorite meals for busy weeknights simply because it is so easy to make. I wanted to make sure that my more modern and lighter version was still easy or I knew I would never make it. Turns out I was able to just make a few substitutions to lighten up my recipe and it was still as easy and as tasty as ever!
To make cooking the recipe as easy as possible, I take a few shortcuts: I buy already cut up beef stew meat, I buy chopped frozen onions and washed and sliced mushrooms. Of course, you can use whatever works best for you! How did I lighten up the recipe? I removed 1/2 lb of the meat and replaced it with portobello mushrooms, replaced full fat dairy products with fat free, and replaced regular egg noodles with No Yolks Noodles which stay nice and fluffy and light when you cook them.
Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff (Lightened Up)
- 1 lb of beef stew meat cut into cubes
- 1 16 oz package of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 8 oz package of baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 C low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 C onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 C fat free sour cream
- 3 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley
- bag of No Yolks Noodles
- Saute garlic and onion in vegetable oil until translucent.
- Remove from pan and brown meat.
- Pour meat, onions, garlic, broth, and Worcestershire sauce into slow cooker and set on low for 6+ hours.
- Just before meat is done, cook No Yoke noodles to desired doneness.
- Add sour cream and cream cheese to slow cooker and stir until blended.
- Serve meat over noodles, add some sauce, salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh parsley.
You can use No Yolks Noodles in all kinds of fun, modern recipes – soups, salads, and new noodle creations featuring healthy options like steamed veggies. The possibilities are endless! Check out some cool ideas here on the Not Your Momma’s Recipe site! You can find No Yolks Noodles in a variety of shapes and sizes: Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski, Dumplings, and now Stir-Fry.
Check out this fun recipe!!
- No Yolks website: https://www.noyolks.com/
- No Yolks Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noyolksnoodles/
- No Yolks Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/noyolksnoodles/
- No Yolks Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/noyolksnoodles/