What is your favorite gift to receive? Is it a gift card? For a long time, I was less than thrilled when I would get a gift card as a gift. (I know, what was wrong with me???) They just didn’t seem that exciting, I guess. Boy, have I changed my mind!! I’m now 100% in love with both giving and receiving gift cards as presents and I’m sharing why. I’m thrilled to be partnering with Cardpool.com to bring you my five reasons why gift cards make great gifts!
- Gift cards allow the recipient to pick out exactly what he or she wants. I don’t know how many times I’ve let my husband know that I want X for my birthday or Christmas only to discover later that that item has several variations and I wasn’t specific about which one I wanted. Gift cards allow the giver to pay for the item but allow the recipient to pick the exact model or color they would like.
- Gift cards allow the giver to help put money toward an item the recipient wants, even if it is out of the giver’s budget. These days, most of my gift requests are new camera lenses or video equipment. Many times, these items cost more than what one giver might want to spend on a gift. By collecting a few gift cards, I can “save up” and purchase the item I want myself.
- Gift cards can be purchased (and spent!) without ever leaving the house. Yes, I am turning into that person who hates going out and shopping – specially around the holidays! I love that you can purchase gift cards online as well as shop online!
- If you receive a gift card for a retailer you don’t visit, you can exchange it for one you do like. On the off chance that you receive a gift card to a retailer you don’t visit, you can head over to Cardpool.com and exchange it for one you are more likely to use. Typically, cards sell for up to 92% of their face value.
- You can save money on gift cards if you know where to shop. Did you know you can actually purchase gift cards at a discount from their face value? I’m sending you over to Cardpool.com again! Yep – they have gift cards for up to 35% off their face value. Heck, with savings like that, I may even buy myself some gift cards to the stores I visit frequently!
Speaking of saving money on gift cards, you can save up to 11% off of gift cards to some of your favorite retailers RIGHT NOW. Seems like a great time to stock up, doesn’t it? Those end of the year teacher gifts will be needed before you know it. And there’s Mother’s Day and Father’s Day coming up….
Starting 3/17 until 3/30/2017 savvy shoppers save up to 11% on gift cards from these top brands!