What do you think of when I say “baking soda”? If you’re like most people, you probably thought of cooking or maybe even cleaning.
What about beauty? What about creating a spa experience at home for a fraction of the cost of an actual spa visit?
Baking soda has tons of uses that can add a little pampering to your day! The folks at ARM & HAMMER and Mom Central were kind enough to send me a basket of baking soda spa goodies as well as a ton of ideas on how to pamper myself for pennies! Check these out:
* Use baking soda as an exfoliant: mix three parts ARM & HAMMER baking soda with one part water and use to smooth out any rough spots on your elbows, knees, etc. Rinse clean and enjoy your smooth skin.
* Add a quarter size dollop of ARM & HAMMER baking soda to your favorite shampoo and remove all of that built-up residue left from hair spray, mousse, and gel.
* Brush your teeth with a paste made of baking soda and water for an extra sparkly smile (be sure to follow up with a fluoride rinse since baking soda does not contain the fluoride of most toothpastes).
* Add 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER baking soda to your bath for a relaxing end to a stressful day. (My favorite includes also adding a cup of Epsom salts and my favorite essential oils too!)
* Use baking soda to clean combs, hair brushes, and make-up brushes: mix 1 tsp of baking soda with warm water and soak combs or swish brushes for one minute to loosen residue. Rinse clean and allow to dry naturally.
So what beauty tips do you have using ARM & HAMMER baking soda? Let me know some more ways to use this fabulous stuff – ’cause I am hooked!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Arm & Hammer and received a beauty basket to thank me for taking the time to participate