This post is sponsored by Red Gold® Tomatoes and SheKnows Media.
Do you ever wonder about where your food comes from? I know I do, probably more so since I moved to the Midwest. Being in the center of such an agriculturally-centered area is really fascinating because we’re in such close proximity to the farms that produce the food we have in our home. It makes me feel better that my favorite cooking items, like Red Gold Tomatoes, are grown on the family farms we drive past every day. Red Gold Tomatoes (also known as Redpack in some areas) has been partnering with these family farms for over 75 years – long before it was trendy!
Why does it matter to me where my food comes from? In a word – quality. Red Gold’s mission is to “provide the freshest, best-tasting tomato products in the world.” As a busy working mom, I don’t have a lot of time to spend hours in the kitchen making fancy meals. So, I focus on producing the best, tastiest dishes possible by using quality ingredients, which means my meals taste as good as if I’d worked on them for hours!
Now that the cold weather is upon us, I love making warm, comforting and hearty meals like meatloaf. This mini meatloaf recipe is super simple but has a unique flavor like no other. It’s quick to throw together on a busy day and freezes like a dream. You can make a double recipe of mini meatloaves and put the extras in the freezer for an even quicker meal on another hectic day.
The cornbread stuffing already has the perfect blend of herbs and spices mixed in, so that cuts down on the measuring you need to do. The Red Gold Ketchup gives it a tangy zing that really sets this recipe apart from other mini meatloaf recipes you might have tried. Even if you don’t usually get excited about mini meatloaf, you NEED to try this recipe. And since they are individual, you can customize them a bit to each person’s personal taste.
You can trust Red Gold to never give away your secret time-saving hack – that you used ketchup to add a unique flavor! How can ketchup taste so fresh? Because the tomatoes it is made with are picked ripe, hand sorted and packed within hours. And Red Gold likes to do the right thing – things like supporting farmers who are growing sustainably produced tomatoes and using NON-BPA lined containers.
Quick and Easy Mini Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 lb lean and fresh ground beef
- 1 package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 tbsp Red Gold® Mama Selita's Jalapeno Ketchup or Red Gold® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a large bowl combine beef, stuffing, tomatoes and water; mix until well blended. Divide into 6 large balls.
- Grease a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray. Place the balls into the muffin cups and push up the sides so you have a well in the center.
- Place 2 tablespoons of Mama Selita's Jalapeno Ketchup into the well.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and put 2 to 3 tablespoons of cheese on top of each muffin cup. Place in the oven for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from muffin cups and serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad for a great dinner idea.
I’m pretty sure this mini meatloaf recipe is going to fast become your family’s favorite! I’d love to hear what you think once you’ve given it a try.