Scroll down for the White Chicken Chili recipe!
The name Perdue is almost synonymous with chicken – and for good reason. Our sponsor and partner on this post, Perdue, has been around for 100 years (as of 2020) but has also kept up with the times and over the last 10 years has become the #1 US supplier of organic chicken as well as a leader in Beef, Pork, Lamb, Pasture Raised, Grass-fed, Heritage Breed, Anti-biotic Free, Non-GMO and certified humane just to name a few.
I was excited to hear that Perdue has launched a new venture: Perdue Farms. This direct to consumer initiative will offer a variety of high-quality meats (not just chicken!) delivered right to your door. Variety boxes offer a significant savings (up to 25%) over buying each item individually. I received a Family Bundle (Medium) which you can see in this video. Products come from our COLEMAN NATURAL®, PERDUE®, PERDUE® Harvestland® and Niman Ranch brands and shipping is free for orders over $119.
My box contained:
- COLEMAN NATURAL® Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- PERDUE ® Panko Breaded Dino Nuggets
- PERDUE ® Harvestland ® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, Individually Wrapped
- Niman Ranch Uncured Bacon Wrapped With Rosemary Pork Chop
- Niman Ranch Uncured Pork Breakfast Sausage
Perfect for a busy family, it has everything from fun dinosaur chicken nuggets for the kids to fancier bacon-wrapped rosemary pork chops for a tasty grown-up evening in. And since I’ve become rather of fond of the whole “get groceries delivered to your door” craze, I love that I can order on the Perdue Farms site and have my box land on my doorstep!
And because Perdue Farms is conscious of the concerns that folks have about how delivered groceries can impact the environment, they have taken steps to lessen the footprint of these products. For each bundle shipped, a donation will be made to the Arbor Day Foundation. The shipping boxes are made out of 100% recyclable cardboard and insulated with Green Cell Foam® which is an eco-friendly packaging and is biodegradable, compostable, and made from high-grade non-GMO cornstarch that is dissolvable in water. You’ll also receive a reusable grocery bag and pollinator seed packet in each box as well.
And a special offer just for you: 10% off and free Perdue Havestland Diced Chicken Breasts on your first order!!
Looking for something delicious to make with some of that chicken that you are buying from Perdue Farms? How about a delicious Chicken Chili Recipe? This amazing dish is so easy to make and is also Keto-friendly!
White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb. Shredded Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Medium onion chopped
- 2 Medium zucchini peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Medium bell pepper chopped
- 1 Large Jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1 Can of Green chilis 4oz.
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- ½ tsp. Coriander ground
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 2-3 C. Chicken broth
- ½ C. Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all of the vegetables as listed above in the ingredients list.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a deep sided pot or skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet, and saute for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Place the jalapeno peppers and zucchini into the pot, and continue to saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano and paprika, and stir to coat well. Saute for an additional 30 seconds until the herbs begin to become aromatic.
- Add the chicken to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Pour the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream into the pot, and mix to combine everything well.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste, and continue to cook the mixture down at a low boil until it begins to thicken.
- If you would like your chili to be more soup-like, you can add 3 cups of the chicken broth instead of just two.