This post was sponsored by Sargento as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
While we love sandwiches any time around here, summertime always seems to be sandwich season. Maybe it’s because we are on-the-go more and sandwiches are always so easy to make and grab when we are in a hurry. I try to mix it up beyond just peanut butter and jelly so my family doesn’t get sick of sandwiches half way through the summer.
There are a few tricks to making an amazing sandwich but they all come back to one thing – using quality ingredients.
1. Use quality lunchmeat. You don’t have to spend a fortune on meat, just read the labels and make sure that it is 100% meat and free of fillers and other lesser quality ingredients. My favorite is oven roasted turkey, chicken or ham!
2. Use a great cheese like Sargento. If you are like me, your sandwiches need at least one slice of cheese and that cheese needs to be 100% Real, Natural Cheese and great tasting. In addition to mixing up what type of lunch meat you use on your sandwiches, you can easily change up what type of cheese you add since Sargento offers a great selection of sliced cheeses. You can choose from Sharp Cheddar, Swiss, Ultra Thin® Provolone, Smokehouse Cheddar™, Havarti, Colby, or Pepper Jack.
3. Try some new condiments. Rather than just mustard or plain mayo, try something new on your favorite sandwich. I love pesto or my own homemade herbed mayo. Here’s my favorite recipe:
Homemade Herbed Mayonnaise
- 2 eggs washed in soapy water before cracking
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- fresh sage rosemary and thyme (or other favorite herbs)
- Blend all ingredients except oil until thoroughly mixed. (I find that an immersion blender is perfect for this recipe.)
- Slowly pour oil into mixture while continuing to blend.
- Blend until completely combined.
- Chill for 3+ hours.
Our great sandwich this week included turkey, Sargento Ultra Thin® Provolone, lettuce, tomato and the mayo recipe from above. Those are generally considered poultry herbs and the mayo goes perfectly with both turkey and chicken sandwiches!
So you see, making a great sandwich just comes down to using great ingredients. You can even save a bit on the Sargento cheese at Meijer (where they have a huge selection).
You can take advantage of the mperks offer for $1 off 2 Sargento® Slices product; available 6/18-7/15. You will need to be an mperks member and search “Sargento” to clip the coupon to your account.
Connect with Sargento:
- Sargento Website: https://www.sargento.com/
- Sargento Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SargentoCheese
- Sargento Twitter: https://twitter.com/SargentoCheese
- Sargento Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sargentocheese/
- Sargento Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sargentocheese/