This school year is seriously kicking my butt. I love that LJ has so many interests and has signed up for a wide variety of activities, but I am constantly in a state of anxiety worrying that I forgot to get him tot he right place at the right time and getting a fresh and delicious dinner on the table is becoming a bit of a challenge on several nights each week.
Not to mention that these activities seem to all fall on the same days – Tuesday seems to have taken the brunt of it lately. We have exactly 45 minutes between when I pick LJ up from DI practice (an after-school academic club) and when he needs to be on the basketball court for that practice. Since sitting down for a family dinner is a priority, I’ve been trying to get a little creative with meals. I’ve pretty much exhausted my small stash of crock-pot recipes and honestly, LJ is not a fan of many of them. (Can we say super picky eater???)
Recently, we were invited by Papa Murphy’s and Mom Select to try one of Papa Murphy’s new pan pizzas. If you are not familiar with Papa Murphy’s, they have a Take ‘n’ Bake style menu where you design your pizza (or try one of their yummy signature creations) in the store, they put it together for you, and you take it home to bake and eat. I have to confess that we have been a huge fan of Papa Murphy’s ever since they opened in a neighboring town, but this was our first pan pizza. Why are we such big Papa Murphy fans?
1) The pizza is made fresh – right in front of you. I have found that the more involved LJ is in the creation of his meals, the more likely he is to eat it. He loved watching the Papa Murphy’s folks build our pizza piece by piece and I loved seeing how fresh all the ingredients were as they went on our pie!
2) We get to eat at home and so we save on all those little extras that add up quickly – beverages, dessert, etc. How many times have you gone out to eat and then been shocked at home your spent beyond the main entrees? Eating out can be a budget buster and we love that we know how much the bill will be before even walking into Papa Murphy’s.
3) The pizza a hot and fresh when it hits our table. Yes, you can absolutely take any restaurant meal to go to try and achieve the savings I talked about in #2, but it doesn’t feel like much of a bargain if the food is cold and/or soggy when you sit down to eat it. We don’t exactly live out in the sticks, but I am always disappointed by how much the food has cooled by the time we get home to eat it. Since you are baking Papa Murphy’s pizza right in your own oven, it is hot and delicious when you put it on your table.
4) I can fit it into my schedule. If I only have 45 minutes between activities, I can’t order food from any place that might be running late. I love that I can pick up a Papa Murphy’s pizza at my convenience, pop it in the fridge, and then cook it when I am ready. Can we say convenient???
And the biggest reason why I love serving Papa Murphy’s pizza???
5) Everyone in the family loves it!! Even picky eater LJ loves Papa Murphy’s pizza. Like I mentioned, we have always been fans, but the new pan pizza is particularly delicious. The crust bakes up just the right combination of chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside and even though the size we bought said it fed 2 – 3 people, we all ate until we were full and had leftovers.
Thanks to Papa Murphy’s and Mom Select for providing us a delicious pizza to review and enjoy. You also helped us create a delicious, relaxing family dinner during a hectic, activity-filled day, and you just can’t put a price on that!