It shouldn’t come as any surprise that I love dairy foods. Milk, cheese, cream, butter – all of it! I am all about making sure my dairy is quality dairy though. Yes, I have access to some pretty amazing dairy products here in Wisconsin, but what about my readers who are nowhere near the dairy state? Turns out that Wisconsin dairy products are not really available many places outside of Wisconsin. In fact. most of the country gets their dairy from California. Good thing that Real California milk comes from Real California Dairy farms, right? I mean, not everyone can live in Wisconsin!
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Real California Milk products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
Since Real California Milk was a sponsor of a recent food tour I was on, they sent me a variety of dairy goodies. One of the items that I really enjoyed was a mini wheel of brie. I am a big brie fan as it is one of my favorite cheeses. It is so versatile – but I admit, I have one way of preparing it that is my absolute favorite!
So, here is my absolute FAVORITE way to enjoy brie:
Personal Chili Brie In Bread Bowl Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the spices and sugar and set aside.
- Cut a circle in the top of each of the rolls and remove bread center to make room for brie.
- Spread the butter all over the rolls (including the removed pieces) then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of the spice/sugar mix in each roll
- With a knife, make 1 inch cuts around the edge of the rolls about 1/2 inch apart.
- Remove the rind from each of the brie and place in each roll.
- Sprinkle each brie with remaining spice mixture.
- Replace top of rolls on each.
- Bake on a sheet for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut top into bite sized pieces.
- Dip the bread pieces into the melted brie - perfection!!
Enter to win a variety of Real California Dairy Products!
You know I’ve never thought to season Brie. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Debra Pearlstein says
This looks really delicious!
I’ve only been to Aldi once, I may have to revisit!
I’ve only visited Aldi once, may have to revisit!
Love this recipe section. I’m a huge cheese fan so this is to die for! I write vegan and vegetarian recipes at http://berryripe.com. Would love to swap sometime!