I’ve never been a huge soda fan. I would swear that I couldn’t tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi and rarely would go out of my way to track down a can of soda – with one big exception. Dr. Pepper. Yep, I’m apparently a Pepper, because I do love the flavor of a Dr. Pepper! I had the chance to be part of a conference call with some of the folks behind the amazing Pepper recently and I certainly learned a few things I didn’t know before!
1) Only two people know the complete formula for Dr. Pepper. TWO!! I sure hope they are taking extra special care to make sure nothing happens to those two people…
2) Dr. Pepper comes in ten different varieties/flavors/formulations. I’m pretty sure I haven’t experienced more than half of them. I have some work to do!!
3) You can now get Dr. Pepper made with real cane sugar. It’s kind of a throwback recipe to my days as a kid.
4) The Dr. Pepper Snapple Group includes more than 50 different name brands including YooHoo, Sunkist, Clamato, Orangina, Mott’s, ReaLemon, Hawaiian Punch and many others.
5) Dr. Pepper Snapple is in the process of developing a number of beverages sweetened with a natural sugar and stevia blend. This is a direct result of consumers expressing a desire for these products. You ask, they listen.
6) There are employees at Dr. Pepper Snapple whose sole job is to taste new soda flavors. I may be in the wrong profession here…
7) Over the years, there have been close to 250 Snapple flavors. Two. Hundred. and Fifty. Whoa.
8) Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is committed to helping kids stay active and has launched the Let’s Play initiative to provide the tools, spaces and inspiration to make play a daily priority.
9) DPS launched Let’s Play in 2011 with a $15 million three year partnership to build or improve 2,000 playgrounds with KaBOOM!, a national non-profit dedicated promoting active play. ‘Nough said.
10) Dr. Pepper Snapple has some new products in the works that I am not allowed to tell you about just yet. (But trust me – they are going to be awesome!!)
These amazingly intriguing facts were brought to you thanks to a partnership with Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and The Motherhood. All opinions and Dr. Pepper obsessions are my own.