There was a local restaurant that had the best fish tacos I had eaten since moving out here to Wisconsin. Anytime I wanted really good fish tacos, that was our go-to place. It closed a while back and I was so sad and missed my tropical-tasting fish tacos. After hitting a bunch of other restaurants and eating tons of not-as-good fish tacos, I finally decided I’d better figure out how to make my favorites myself! Here’s what I came up with.
- tortillas (flour or corn – whichever you prefer)
- 1 package of Gorton’s Fish Sticks or Crunchy Breaded Tenders
- 3 limes
- 1 package of broccoli slaw
- 1 large ripe mango or jar of mango slices
- I small red onion
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the fish stick per package instructions.
- Chop the mango into ½ inch pieces.
- Dice the red onion.
- Juice the limes.
- Add the lime juice to the slaw and mango and onion pieces in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour.
- Once the fish sticks are heated through, place them on a tortilla.
- Top the fish with the slaw/mango mix.
- We occasionally add extras like avocado or a little spicy pepper to the mix if we have it around the house.
Want to experiment and make your own version of your favorite fish tacos? Gorton’s would like to help! They are giving one Wisconsin Mommy reader a Gorton’s Giveaway Prize Package which contains three $2 off coupons, an assortment of postcards and recipe cards, and a keychain. Enter below: