Over the last four weeks as a Cascade #MyPlatinum ambassador, I’ve shared my experiences using Cascade’s new Platinum Dishwasher Pacs. I have continued to be impressed with their performance as I’ve given them tougher and tougher dishes to handle. I had been pretty good about scraping down plates completely and not putting in glasses with dried smoothie as they had never come out clean before. Now, we pretty much just take off any loose food and plop the dishes in the dishwasher – and they come out gleaming!
I used to add a rinse agent plus a squirt of extra cleaning solution to just to get my dishes acceptable. And even with all that, there was always one dish or two that still needed to be hand washed again. I haven’t had a single dish or utensil that has needed any extra attention since we switched. AND I can save money and time by not adding all of those extra’s to each load – I don’t need them anymore!
One of the things I love serving in my sparkling clean glasses is a sparkling summer drink. My absolute favorite (and go-to recipe whenever we have company or a picnic) is a sparking punch with citrus and seltzer. It’s just the right mix of light and refreshing and is appropriate for all ages!
- 6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 oz frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups filtered water
- 3½ cups seltzer
- thinly cut lemon and lime
- Put the concentrates into a large punch bowl.
- Pour water over concentrates and stir until concentrates are dissolved.
- Set in fridge until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add seltzer, ice, and then float lemon and lime pieces on top of punch.
- Service and garnish glasses with remaining lemon or lime slices.
This phase of the #MyPlatinum Instagram contest is “My Platinum Clink”. Share an image of your favorite summer beverage in a shiny clean glass to enter. (Be sure to tag @MyCascade and use the hashtag #MyPlatinum to be entered.)