I am a sucker for flowers. I guess maybe I am just a typical girl, I don’t know. The one thing that probably isn’t so typical is that I actually prefer just about any color roses over red ones. Pink, yellow, sterling, or cinnamon – I love them all.
The only thing that bums me out is how quickly they go by. I guess that is part of what makes them so precious – if we had them all the time, we wouldn’t appreciate them as much. I recently had the chance to try out ProFlowers.com and got to order a gorgeous cinnamon rose bouquet to review. The flowers were delivered just when they said they would be and were packaged so carefully that nothing was crushed and not a single petal fell off.
The bouquet was absolutely gorgeous and looked perfect with the fall decor in my home.
I loved that ProFlowers.com included tons of “flower food” and clear directions on how to keep my roses looking their best. So what tips did the pros at ProFlowers share? Here they are:
- Cut at least 1 inch off of all of the stems.
- Add room temperature water and a packet of flower food to a clean vase.
- Be sure to remove any leaves that fall below the water line – this will cut down on any bacteria.
- On the 3rd day, recut each stem and change the water. Add another food packet.
- Put your flowers in a spot away from direct sunlight, heat, and drafts.
Powered by Sidelines