Mixing sweet and spicy is one of my favorite things to do when making an appetizer. These Honey Buffalo Meatballs have just the right mix of sweetness and kick to soothe my cravings for both. Easy to make, these are a hit at every party and I am often asked for the recipe once guests have tried them.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 Cup chopped red onions
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 Cup honey
- 1/8 Cup of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 Tsp mustard
- 2 Tsp chopped green onion
- Use your hands to mix the ground beef, red onions, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Form 2-inch balls and set aside.
- Mix honey, hot sauce, and mustard together in a small bowl.
- Pour half of the sauce on the meatballs and coat evenly.
- Place meatballs in a large pan and cook slowly on low heat.
- When meatballs have browned on all sides, remove from pan.
- Heat up the remaining honey mustard mix and drizzle on top of meatballs.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For an additional spicy kick garnish with smoked paprika.
- Bringing them to a party? Keep them warm in a slow cooker!