Thanks to Meijer and Country Crock for partnering with us to bring you this sponsored peppermint cookies recipe!
There’s just something about the holidays and cookies, isn’t there? For some reason, Christmas and cookies just go together perfectly – maybe it’s all the hot cocoa or the snow falling outside. And when I say cookie, I don’t mean your average chocolate chip cookies either. The holidays call for a special cookie. But here’s the kicker…this is my busiest time of year and I honestly don’t have time to make those fancy Christmas cookies you see everyone passing out. If it requires more than a few steps, and definitely if it requires a special press to shape it, I’m going to have to pass on making it.
Before you start feeling too bad for my family being all deprived of Christmas cookies, let me share my little secret. I found an easy to make cookie that you can whip out in no time and totally tastes like Christmas!! I’m thrilled to be partnering with Country Crock and Meijer to share that recipe with you.
Speaking of Country Crock and Meijer – let me quickly point out that Meijer has a deal right now where you can get one 15 oz container of Country Crock when you buy one. Get any 1 Country Crock Spread (15oz.) FREE when you buy any 1 Country Crock Spread (15oz) with mPerks Digital Coupon (Offer valid: 12/4/16 – 12/25/16). Finding Country Crock at Meijer is super easy since they put a nice big reminder about the deal on the floor right in front of the display!
So, back to my cookies. I took Country Crock’s basic cookie recipe and made it festive by adding some peppermint extract and some crushed candy canes into the batter. Once they were baked, I frosted them with red and white frosting and sprinkled tiny candy cane sprinkles on top. Now these are cookies Santa will love!
Here’s the recipe I used:
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes
- your favorite red and/or white frosting
- festive sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix Country Crock® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.)
- Stir in peppermint extract. (Add more if you like your cookies super minty)
- Stir in crushed candy cane pieces.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Frost with desired frosting and top with sprinkles.