|Photo credit – EAA|
Are you familiar with EAA in Oshkosh, Wisconsin? For most of the year, it is an international community of flying enthusiasts who are active in their passion for aviation.
But for one week a year, it turns into more – much more.
|Photo: EAA/Laurie Goossens|
That is the week of AirVenture taking place July 25-31, 2011 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. It is among Wisconsin’s most visited summer attractions and provides affordable family fun and entertainment making it a great summer activity. More than 500,000 attendees are expected from more than 60 countries.
Here’s a sampling of this year’s scheduled activities:
- Family Day. Families can visit AirVenture on Sunday, July 31 at a reduced cost! Children age 5 and under are already free, but on Family Day all students (age 6-18) are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. The day will feature a thrilling air show, all exhibits, museum admission, and activities at KidVenture that allow kids to explore aviation in many ways.
- Youth activities. From the children’s activity hanger to the teen dance, there’s something for every age group.
- Saturday Extravaganza. Saturday, July 30 will feature Aaron Tippin live in concert and a night show! Also taking place are fireworks and a balloon launch.
- Additional Concerts. A timeless classic, REO Speedwagon will kick off AirVenture with a concert on Monday, July 25; Friday, July 29 will feature a performance by Gary Sinise & the Lt. Dan Bandin the evening.
- Flying cars. The future of travel? Learn about this fascinating endeavor and see a demonstration with your very own eyes.
- Electric planes. Learn about the future of electric flight and see it in action.
- 100th anniversary of Naval aviation celebration. Learn about the history of Naval aviation and see military aircrafts of the past and future.
- Airplanes. More than 10,000 planes will visit and be displayed during AirVenture. Activities ranging from air shows to airplane rides will be available throughout the event.
|Photo: EAA/Laurie Goossens|
KidVenture is the kid-friendly section of the larger AirVenture experience. Kids can interact with pilots, experience being a pilot in a flight simulator, build models, and actually touch real planes. (No “do not touch” signs here!) LJ loves the interactive nature of the KidVenture Campus!
The folks at EAA AirVenture are giving one family four pack of tickets (and a parking pass) to a lucky Wisconsin Mommy reader.
Here’s how to enter:
1) Leave me a comment telling me about your first plane ride ever. How old were you? Where did you go? Were you scared?
Additional optional entries:
2) Like Wisconsin Mommy on Facebook – be sure to leave a comment on this post letting me know you did.
3) Follow Wisconsin Mommy on Twitter – again, leave a comment here telling me you did this.
4) Tweet about this giveaway by clicking here for TWO extra entries. You’ll need to leave two comments letting me know you did this. (You’ll need to be signed in to Twitter for this to work.)
5) Like the EAA AirVenture Facebook page and leave a comment telling me you did.
6) Follow EAA Airventure on Twitter and let me know in a comment.
The giveaway will end at 11:59 pm CST on July 20th. The winner will have 48 hours to respond with a mailing address for the tickets. The winner will be chosen by Random.org and notified via email – so please have a valid email easily found in your entry. EAA provided the tickets and parking pass – transportation to and from the event is the winner’s responsibility.