One of the best parts of summer is ice cream! Another great summer treat is strawberries. Put them together into the best strawberry ice cream you ever had, and you can’t lose! I’ll admit, I was never a huge strawberry ice cream fan when I tried the kind you buy at the store, but once I made my own….love at first taste! This recipe has a secret ingredient that sets it apart from the rest and gives it that little extra zip.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and washed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons 100% Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon 100% Pure Lemon Extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT milk and cream into a large glass bowl and mash with a potato masher until slightly chunky.
- Add the milk and cream and continue mashing until the liquid has turned a bright pink color.
- Allow to sit refrigerated for 2 - 4 hours.
- Stir again and then add to your ice cream maker and follow appliance instructions.
Powered by Sidelines